Friday, November 14, 2008

2-4

For a whole year now this tree has been as old as I am. I've hiked past this tree, each time reminding myself visually how many years of laughter and silliness and tears and joy I've had. This tree has been as old as I am for twelve months and now I am about to be a bit older than it...tomorrow is my birthday! I've been celebrating in tinsy ways throughout the week and I hope that I never get to the day when I don't fill with anticipation at the thought of celebrating the years of my life.
So without further ado here's 24 little things about me that make me exactly who I am:
: Once when I was four, I got a baby sister for my birthday (her birthday is on Monday)
: There was a sheep named after me when I was little- he was literally the runt of the family and the only black sheep...I wonder about that now...
: I am rarely without a book that I am reading
: I built a house in Kentucky
: I have never traveled past west of the Mississippi
: There were many years when I was known as "Messy Jessie"
: Those were also the years I liked eating chicken livers, lima beans, and cottage cheese (all those foods repulse me now)
: I'm the third generation girl who has a name starting with a 'J'
: I hate bridges
: I once climbed a mountain and did a cartwheel at the top
: I went down the Olympic bobsled track-totally awesome
: I chose being a speech pathologist on a whim (unlike everything else in my life) and I don't regret it at all
: Before that I was dead-set on being a doctor
: Next, I might become a midwife
: I had a pierced belly button in college
: I'm one of the only girls in my extended family therefore-
: I love football
: I have a serious weakness for candy corn
: I hate taking naps- even as a kid
: I am in love with all things small town
: I believe hot tea and cold, crisp air make things much better
: I know that I am at my best at 6:00 am
: I am very passionate about what I believe, some might even call it 'spirited' or even 'strong-willed'; I consider it my greatest asset

Have a great weekend! I'll return full of cake and another year older!!

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a superb list!!!!!
Enjoy your last day as 23!
Have an excellent Birthday tomorrow!
I love you and I'll see you tonight!

Sarah and Jack said...

Hapde Burfday!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you never loose the anticipation of another birthday!
Have a great Birthday weekend!!

beki said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica!

Mama de Saga said...

Happy Birthday! The list was a lot of fun to read. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica! What an interesting list. I too, have thought about being a midwife, the responsibility of it is too much for me though.

How funny that they named the little black sheep after you lololol

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Have a wonderful Birthday. Thanks for sharing the list of things about you. It is so wonderful to get to know you better.
Teresa

Holli said...

Happy Birthday, Lady!! Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing that list. We've got a lot in common.
xoxo

Dawn said...

I loved your list. :) Have a happy, happy birthday!

raining sheep said...

Well happy birthday. My birthday is towards the latter part of November so I will be celebrating as well...ahem, I am definitely not going to be 24 :)

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating!

Randi said...

Happy birthday to you! Enjoy!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica!!

a friend to knit with said...

ahhh. love this post.
happy happy birthday!

Jen said...

Have a great Birthday! What a great list!

Our Green Nest said...

Happy birthday! What a great list! YES please, become a midwife - we need more!! :)

APA said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! The list is wonderful. And I hope next year you'll come up with 25 things that make you exactly who you are!

Amy said...

Happy happy day. Thanks for sharing those fun facts about yourself.

serenitymeadow said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Jessica...I enjoyed your little things list.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday... what a fun list! I love that you don't dread becoming another year older!

Marci said...

Wishing you a happy birthday!

sarah p said...

Happy birthday. You are so young! I love this post and the picture.

driftwood said...

happy happy birthday, hope you have a fantastic day, and a lovely weekend too.
love the list, I spent a lot of my childhood as a "messy tessie" so it's fab for me to meet another messy!

Hot Belly Mama - taking it all back said...

What a beautiful tribute to yourself! Happy Birthday!

Laura said...

Happy birthday! I hope it's an excellent day. :)

melissa s. said...

happy 2-4! wish i could bake you a cake or some cookies or something...how about a birthday quilt block instead? ;-)
have a great weekend!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica! Enjoyou your birthday weekend and celebrate as much as possible :-)

Hippie Family... said...

happy birthday - hope this week-end is great!

springtreeroad said...

happy birthday! i hope you get to spend it with those you love.

Elizabeth said...

love the list and the photo.

happy birthday!

:)

Relyn said...

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Jessica. Happy birthday to you."

That was a wonderful post. I loved the list and I really love that you know exactly how old that tree is. That you took the time to count the rings. May your day be wonderful and your year full of joy.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweetie! have a wonderful time this weekend. xo
heather
beautythatmoves

andie said...

Awww, happy birthday! And to your sister! What a great list, I really learned a lot about you although I knew most of those things...especially the last one just from reading your blog and "getting" what your about.
Mwah,
a.

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday and many more happy ones!

Lina said...

Happy birthday! Great list (I'm a third generation J too!).

amanda o said...

happy birthday!!!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Weekend! Love your list. And you must travel farther west sometime -- it's beautiful out there!

priscilla said...

happy birthday jessica! you are exactly 7 years older than me...i can't imagine being 24.

and, to answer your question, i get my recipes from taste of home, the internet, friends, and my Mom has recipes from a long time ago we love.:)

Cheryl A said...

I hope you had a great birthday weekend.

Selina said...

Great list you made, good on you for really thinking about what the 'big picture' means. Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!
Hope it was a lovely day. You deserve it!

Simply Stork said...

Have a wonderful birthday...do you feel up to making another list???

tag! your it :o)

wanna play??? details on my blog.

~simply~

Andrea said...

Oh Jessica, Happy Birthday to YOU! What fun things to learn about you!!! :) Hope it was wonderful!

Philigry said...

happy be-lated birthday! I sent your block out a few days ago!

Rebekah said...

what a fun list!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.