Saturday, October 30, 2010

Flashback

flaskback

::1998: Mrs.S's eighth grade history class::
I sat looking out the window during class (perhaps about Genghis Khan) to the oak tree across the street that was a brilliant shade of orange.  I thought, "How lucky I am to sit here and look out the window to see such a lovely tree.  It must be the most beautiful tree in all the town."

::2010: My living room::
I sit looking out the window of my living room one morning with a pumpkin latte in my hands.  Now I look out the window to the same tree which now sits in my side yard.  I think about how it is the most lovely tree I have seen all season.  Suddenly I remember this is the same tree I saw twelve years ago.  Only now it is my tree.

17 comments:

Lia said...

You're kidding me. I had no idea the school house was YOUR school house.

I love your tree. You lucky girl. More fall colors please.

Dawn said...

That IS very cool! :)

Grace said...

oh my gosh, what a lovely and fantastic story!

marigold jam said...

Isn't life strange sometimes? Lovely tree.

Jane

willowluna said...

So glad that the village keeps all of its lovely old trees. It's so beautiful to drive or bike or walk through that area. Lucky you to see it out your window all the time!

Kris said...

how cool. beautiful photo too.

Anna said...

What a great story. And aren't you lucky to have something so beautiful as a constant in your life.

LisaInCT said...

Quite special! :)

Debi said...

Lovely...

erin said...

and what a lovely tree it is. :-)

A Day That is Dessert said...

life comes full circle.

Julie said...

Wow...what a neat story!

beki said...

wonderful!

Nicola (Which Name?) said...

Awesome, Jessica.
Nicola

Steph said...

What a great, great theme!

Allison said...

i also didn't know that the school house was the one you attended when you were younger. that is so cool! i have lots of fond memories of gazing out classroom windows. oh how i'd like to get a glimpse of those views again. you are lucky!

Laura said...

What a great story. And also...you were in 8th grade in 1998? You are much, much younger than me. ;)